Elizabeth Metis Settlement Forest Carbon Project
40.5% gross revenue royalty on the sale of carbon credits from Elizabeth Metis Settlement’s forest project in Alberta
Elizabeth Metis Settlement, Anew Climate LLC
Federal Output-Based Performance Standards (OBPS) Carbon Credit
40.5% Gross Revenue Royalty from Elizabeth Metis Settlement’s carbon credit revenue share
The Royalty has a term of the earlier of: 1) 10 years commencing on the date Elizabeth Metis Settlement receives any gross revenue from the monetization of carbon credits, or 2) the date hereof until the first 225,000 carbon credits are issued and sold in connection with the Elizabeth Metis Settlement Forest Carbon Project.
- The Government of Canada has mandated minimum standards for carbon pricing across Canada and implemented a federal program applied to greenhouse gas-emitting industrial facilities in several provinces, including Alberta.
- Reforestation and the conservation of the boreal forest through improved forest management practices are creating carbon offsets through the combination of trees not being logged and their subsequent absorption of atmospheric CO2 through photosynthesis and sequestration of CO2 into their biomass.
- Anew Climate, the largest developer and marketer of carbon credits in North America, is assisting Elizabeth Metis Settlement in developing its forest carbon sequestration project with the intent of generating carbon credits that can be sold to federally regulated industrial emitters under Alberta’s compliance carbon market.
- The Elizabeth Metis Settlement Forest Carbon Project covers a forested area of 15,457 hectares and has the potential to sequester significant amounts of CO2 per year.
- The future financial benefits derived from the monetization of these carbon credits, net of expenses, will be split with the majority going to Elizabeth Metis Settlement and the remainder to Green Star Royalties.